FAQs
常见问题
My child does not speak Chinese. Can they sign up?
我的孩子不会说中文, 可以报名吗?
我的孩子不会说中文, 可以报名吗?
Yes! We have students coming in with a range of proficiency levels. Teachers will help all students work on the four language domains: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
当然! 我们招收的学生都具有不同的语言熟练程度. 教师将帮助每个学生在四个语言领域上学习: 听、说、读、写.
How will students be assigned to classes? 学校怎样分班?
Class assignment is determined by grade level.
For example: Children going to Grade 1 in September will be placed in our G.1 class.
班级分配由年级决定.
例如: 将在九月份上一年级的孩子, 将被安排到一年级课室.
Do parents need to attend class? 家长有需要陪同上课吗?
Family members are not required to attend in-person or online classes with children, but we welcome volunteers with staff perks!
家庭成员并不需要在教室里或在网上陪同孩子上课, 但我们很欢迎义工/志愿者并提供员工福利!
Drop-off and pickup at the State Street Early Learning Center, by the outdoor playground on the side of the YMCA building.
请於 YMCA 大楼旁边戶外游乐场旁的 State Street 幼儿学习中心入口接送.
Can my child attend class if they are sick?
孩子生病可以上课吗?
孩子生病可以上课吗?
Students with mild cold symptoms (ex. sneezing, runny nose, cough) may attend class, and face masks are recommended. If students experience fever, vomiting, and/or diarrhea will be asked to stay home until symptoms subside without medication for 24 consecutive hours.
有轻微感冒症状 (例如打喷嚏、流鼻涕、咳嗽) 的学生可以上课, 我们会建议学生戴口罩. 如果学生出现发烧、呕吐和/或腹泻症状, 将被要求留在家中, 直至连续 24 小时症状在无需服药的情況下消退.
Will there be snow days? 下大雪会不会停课?
In the event of inclement weather or other unexpected situations, classes can be cancelled per guidance of South Shore YMCA and the City of Quincy. Email notifications will be sent to families.
当遇上恶劣天气或其他不可预见的情况, 南岸中文学校会根据昆西市和南岸 YMCA 政策的指导而关闭, 面授课将会取消. 家庭会收到电子邮件通知.
Do you offer any classes for kids beyond 5th grade?
有没有五年级以后的课程?
有没有五年级以后的课程?
Our current curriculum and materials are designed for Kindergarten to G.5. SSCS graduates are welcome to apply for our Student Teacher Assistant positions!
我们目前的课程和材料专为幼儿囩至五年级的学童而设计. 欢迎我们学校的毕业生申请成为课室助教!
Do you offer any summer camp? 有没有暑期班?
We do not generally offer summer classes.
From time to time, we may host special programs that happen during the summer weeks.
我们一般没有提供暑期课程.
有时我们会在夏季举办特别节目.
Do you offer any adult classes? 有没有成人班?
We are not offering adult classes at this time. We are happy to collaborate with community members who can make it happen!
我们目前没有提供成人课程. 我们也很希望有机会和社区人士合作!
How do parents get involved in the program? 家长可以怎样參与?
There are different ways for parents to get involved. In the past years, parents can volunteer in class and during special events. Parents can also participate in our Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meetings, which typically meets once a month during the school year. The PAC represents families within SSCS, and helps provide feedback and/or guidance on improving school programming. Parents can also become teachers or teacher assistants. Send us an email if you are interested!
家长可以通过多种方式参与学校事务. 在过去的几年里, 家长可以在课堂和特殊活动中做志愿者. 家长也还可以参加我们的家长咨询委员会 (PAC) 会议, 通常在学年期间每月召开一次会议. PAC 代表 SSCS 内的家庭,并帮助提供有关改进学校的反馈和/或指导. 家长也可以成为学校教师或助教. 如果您有兴趣, 请给我们发送电子邮件!
What is your refund policy? 你们的退款政策的什么?
Refund policy for the Weekend Programs: 周末课程的退款政策:
Before the 3rd class starts - full refund. 在第三堂课开始之前 - 全额退款.
Before the 4th class starts - 75% refund. 在第四堂课开始之前 - 75% 退款.
Before the 5th class starts - 50% refund. 在第五堂课开始之前 - 50% 退款.
Once the 5th class starts - no refund. 在第五堂课开始后 - 不予退款.